TOCFL test-takers will receive a certificate for each test that they register for and pass. The TOCFL certificate can serve as evidence of Chinese proficiency for:
- Applying for a Taiwan Scholarship.
- International students applying for academic programs at colleges and universities in Taiwan.
- Overseas Chinese Students applying for university admission in Taiwan through the University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students (UECOCS).
- Employment applications which require proof of Chinese language proficiency.
- Obtaining bonus points under the new appraisal system for Overseas Chinese and international students who want to remain in Taiwan to work.
Many undergraduate and graduate programs in Taiwan require a TOCFL certificate for admission or for evaluation of an applicant’s Chinese proficiency, and many international businesses that do business with Taiwan will take candidates’ having TOCFL certificates into account when they are recruiting.